Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Man’s Got to Know His Limitations

I've never viewed “gay issues” from Mark Neumann’s angle – above everyone else.

When the New York Times asked Neumann his view on gays, he didn’t answer as a Congressman from Wisconsin. He answered from the position of God. Apparently Congress was doing fine, but God had made a few mistakes the Congressman was eager to correct.

"If I was elected God for a day, homosexuality wouldn't be permitted, but nobody's electing me God."

Now, I support traditional marriage and thought the marriage amendment to the Constitution was the best government could do to support these values. I haven’t spent the time Neumann has considering God as the source of the “problem.”

Since his 1996 Times interview, Neumann has had time to reconsider. Apparently, he still thinks there are gays because God screwed up. But his ambitions no longer lead him to be the All-Powerful Lord of the Universe – too much stress. He told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"The part about me being God for a day is the problem with that. I'm not God, don't intend to be and hope I never have that much power."

In other words, Neumann wants power, just not that much.

At least Mark Neumann and I agree on this: We both hope no one makes him God.

As for making him governor, Wisconsin already has a Governor who thinks he knows better than God and who tries to amass that kind of power.

I guess we know why Mark Neumann finds Jim Doyle’s job so appealing.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://julielassaisacrook.wordpress.com/

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Scott Kenneth Noble said...

Thanks for posting the link, Kent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home